Our organisers are happy to be back working in clients' homes again with clients in line with government guidelines on Covid-19. They will be wearing gloves and face coverings to sessions in clients' homes and maintain social distancing as far as possible. Our organisers will also use back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) working whenever possible. We would ask clients to open windows to provide ventilation wherever possible. Virtual decluttering and organising sessions are also available if you are shielding or are not yet in a position to have an organiser work with you in your home. It has proved a great way to enable our clients to make progress with their decluttering goals with the experienced support, motivation and accountability of our organisers. These sessions take place via a private Zoom link sent to you by email after you have booked a session and you can use your phone, laptop, tablet or PC and you can choose whether or not to share your video or not. You can find and book an organiser to help you either in face to face sessions or via online sessions by clicking here: Our Organisers.
A professional organiser (also known as a declutterer) works together with you to declutter and organise any areas of your home and any category of items to create organised, calm and enjoyable spaces. Our organisers help you by providing:
- practical hands-on help (for in person sessions);
- guidance on how to let go of items especially if this is something you find difficult;
- advice on how to let go of items sustainably including donating, selling and recycling;
- guidance on practical storage solutions to help maximise space (if you need them);
- advice on systems and habits to keep areas organised and clutter-free for the long-term;
- motivation and accountability to help you reach your goals.
If you any of the situations below apply to you then it's time to book a professional organiser to help!
- Do you feel that you don't have enough space in your home or are overwhelmed by the space you live in?
- Are you lacking time, motivation or inclination to tackle areas of your home where clutter is building up?
- Do you waste time and energy searching for things when you need them?
- Are you beginning to feel like your belongings own you rather than you owning them?
- Do you have piles of paperwork getting out of control and want to reduce and organise it?
- Are you experiencing a life event e.g.moving house, downsizing, having a baby, changing job divorcing or have had a bereavement which means you need to tackle possessions?
- Would you like to organise and preserve your hard copy and digital photos for yourself and future generations?
- All our organisers are experienced and help clients every day in these situations. They have a real passion to help clients and their approaches are bespoke to your particular situation. Our organisers are neutral third parties who are there to use their experience to help you. They make decluttering and organising easier, faster and more fun by providing practical assistance, accountability and motivation. You will achieve the results you want much quicker with their help!
Our organisers offer different services from the list below. To easily find an organiser who can assist you, use the search button on the right hand side of the screen on the Organisers page or Home page and filter your search results by choosing the service you want. These include:
- Online decluttering sessions - our organisers can help you meet any of your decluttering goals via online sessions. Once booked you will be sent a private Zoom link to use at the time of your session so you can speak to your organiser and (if you like) share your screen via video as well so they can help you reach your decluttering goals by providing advice and keeping you motivated!
- Decluttering / organising home - our organisers can help you sort out any area of your home to achieve the results you want. Often the urge to declutter comes along with a major life change such as having a baby, changing career or a bereavement but it may just be that you want to feel less stressed, clear space and feel happier in your home. Whatever the reason, we can promise you that you will see results much quicker and enjoy the process much more than doing it on your own!
- Decluttering / organising paperwork - paperwork is often a source of stress. Our organisers can work alongside you to reduce your piles of paperwork and recommend bespoke systems to organise and maintain your paperwork going forward.
- Moving Home - our organisers can help take the stress out of your move by helping you to declutter before you move home so that you are not taking unwanted items to your new home. They can also help you unpack and organise items when you move in so you can enjoy your new home immediately!
- Help with hoarding - our organisers offer practical help and support if you are affected by hoarding. They will work with you to reduce and organise the belongings in your space using a non-judgmental, sensitive and motivational approach.
- Photo organising - our organisers can help you to collate, declutter and organise your hard copy and/or digital photos to make sure those precious memories are preserved and stored in an easily accessible format for you and future generations.
Every client and home is different so it is hard to say exactly. It depends on what you want to achieve, how many items there are to sort through and how quickly you are able to make decisions.
If you want to book an online session these start at 30 minutes and can last up to a maximum of 3 hours. You can either work through decluttering projects with your organiser supporting you the whole time in these sessions. Or you can discuss your goals with your organiser, ask for their tips and guidance and then go on to complete these in your own time (you could start off the task whilst in the session to motivate you to do it).
For in person sessions, the projects tend to be bigger and sessions start from 3 hours up to 8 hours (of course with breaks as you need them!) We recommend an initial 4 or 5 hour session to make good progress but this depends on your energy, schedule and budget. We will send you a link after your first session so you can book further sessions with your organiser if needed so that an area or the entire home is fully decluttered and organised or you may just wish to have a one-off session.
Our organisers work at a pace which suits you and they motivate you to keep on track. By working with an organiser, you will accomplish results far quicker than tackling the process on your own.
Each organiser's hourly rate is set out on their profile page. Prices range from £40 per hour to £50 per hour for in person sessions at your home with a minimum of either 3 or 4 hours so approx. £135 - £150 per session. This is inclusive of travel time and expenses.
For online sessions, our organisers hourly rates are all £35 an hour with sessions starting at 30 minutes and can last up to 3 hours so approx. £17.50 - £105 per session.
To make payment as simple as possible, the payment for the session is made up-front via our website. We then pay your organiser on your behalf after the session is completed.
All payments are processed via PayPal or Stripe where your credit or debit card details are encrypted for security purposes. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express payment cards.
Please see our Terms & Conditions for full information.
The organisers on our website currently cover Central London and Greater London for in person sessions at your home.
For online sessions, our organisers can work with you wherever you are based in the world as long as the time zones allow it!
We have a large network of organisers who are not all on the website yet so if you cannot find an organiser near using our search function, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your postcode and let us know what help you are looking for. We will then do our best to connect you with an organiser based in your area.
We recognise that often the hardest part of this process can be inviting a stranger into your home (who may be the first person you have invited in for a while) and asking for their help.
Please be reassured that there is absolutely no judgement from our organisers. They will always respect your privacy and confidentiality. You may feel your home is particularly untidy or cluttered but our organisers will have seen it before and understand how different circumstances have an impact on the state of our homes. All they want to do is help you bring your home back to feeling like a comforting, calm and happy space.
You will be asked in the booking form whether you consent to photos being taken and if you say yes, your organiser will ensure that you are not identifiable from those photos. Your organiser will double-check that you are happy for them to take photos when they are working with you.
Photos provide great inspiration and motivation for others who are thinking of clearing their space and for you to see how far you have come and so you can celebrate your achievements.
We would be so grateful if you would agree for us to take before and afters photos anonymously to help us show others that they are not alone and it is okay to ask for help! However, if you do not feel comfortable with this, that is completely a decision for you and one which will be respected.
There is no need to tidy before you organiser arrives as they will never be judgemental and often it can help so see where the clutter builds up in your home but please bear in mind that our organisers are not cleaners!
If you want to declutter and organise clothes with your organiser, it can be helpful to not have too much in the laundry so that you see exactly what clothes you have. However, this is just a suggestion and there is no requirement to do so.
If a deep clean or cleaning service is needed before decluttering, please get in touch at email@example.com and we can recommend companies for you to use.
To make the most out of your session, we strongly recommend you being there.
Depending on what you are looking to achieve, it may be that you do not need to be working with your organiser for the entire time. However, please note that your organiser cannot decide on your behalf what you want to keep and how you want to let go of items (donate to charity, sell, etc.).
The organiser is there to help you make decisions and will ask you questions such as how and when you use items and provide hands-on help. They will help you to decide where items should best be kept to work with your lifestyle.
Absolutely not! You will be choosing which items to keep and which items to let go of and it is ultimately your decision. Your organiser will guide you through the process and ask you questions about items to help you make those decisions.
Our organisers encourage clients to donate and recycle items wherever possible. They can recommend local charities you can donate items to, ways to recycle items and how to sell items.
If you have charity shops within a short walk from your home, then your organiser may be able to help you to carry items to the charity shops in the time allotted for your session. Some of our organisers have cars (others use public transport to travel to you) and they may offer to take items away and donate to charity shops on your behalf.
Please note though that our organisers are not licensed waste carriers so cannot take items to your tip or local recycling centre for you. However, they can help you load up your vehicle for you to do this yourself and recommend charities who collect items for free.
If you need a waste clearance service to take items to the tip or recycling centre after decluttering, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can recommend companies for you to use.
The idea of decluttering is to free up your space so that it can be used more effectively. We therefore recommend that you don’t buy additional storage until you have decluttered first. Often storage solutions are found during the decluttering process itself. You will save yourself time and money by not buying storage until you are absolutely sure what you need. Our organisers can suggest solutions that will be most useful to you either during or at the end of the process.
If possible, it is helpful if you are able to have to hand a selection of rubbish bags, plastic bags and/or reusable bags to take items to charity.
Yes, we require all of our organisers to provide valid and up to date professional indemnity and public liability insurance details, qualifications and right to work status documents. We also carry out a right to work check and basic criminal record check. Each organiser is interviewed in person and must maintain consistently high ratings in order to remain on our website.
All our organisers have been asked upon joining the platform whether they are comfortable working with pets. As long as you let us know in the booking form which animals and how many you have, we can ensure that the organiser you book is happy to work around your pets. If there is a pest problem such as mice, rats or bed bugs (which we ask for information about in the booking form), organisers may not be able to work with you until a pest controller has dealt with this.
We ask our clients to provide a safe environment for organisers. Our organisers should not be asked to undertake tasks which threaten their health and safety, including:
- lifting heavy items;
- cleaning (other than very light surface cleaning in the process of decluttering and organising); and
- standing on ladders or chairs.
We want to provide flexibility for you but equally we need to protect the workflow of our organisers.
- You can cancel for any reason up until 4 days (96 hours) before your session.
- You can reschedule your session to another date until 2 days (48 hours) before your session without a cancellation fee being charged.
- You cancel within 2 days (48 hours) before the start time of the session but you will unfortunately lose your upfront payment for the session as a late cancellation fee. This is to compensate the organiser for the loss of opportunity of alternative work.
- If, after the booking has been confirmed, the organiser is unavailable for the session, we will try to find you a replacement organiser for that session or alternatively you will be able to reschedule for another date.